Monday, January 17, 2011

An Introduction

Hi everyone. I'm one of the co-authors. Not an expert in anything, just a college girl trying to figure stuff out. I am in middle of my sophomore year; a Poli Sci Major with minors in Sociology and Communication, one of the classes which has brought me to you. So as a reader, you probably wonder what 4 college girls have to shed on love. But as all 4 of us come from different places in our lives and esp. concerning relationships, I think that we can explore this topic in a different way. Romantic relationships are probably a topic covered in a lot of blogs. But I'd think I can take a different direction. As I write this, my roommate has just finished watching the bachelor. I checked my Facebook, and ads on the side are full of dating websites. It seems like starting relationships nowadays lack the romance and confidence before technology arguable took over our lives. I've just left a relationship, and am not interested in starting one up through a dating website (sadly, the idea of one sort of scares me!) or a reality TV show. Call me old fashioned, I guess I believe in meeting people and seeing if something clicks. So thats the angle I wish I'd like to explore: starting over, first dates, and just plan getting over small hurdles when it comes to someone new. Maybe sharing some of my experiences, friends', or hypothetical situations. Anything that comes to mind. So thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment