Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Online Dating... Research?

So as I've mentioned before, online dating sites sadly scare me. But I also realized that I did not know much about them. Rather than blow something like 50 dollars and join one, I did a little research. One of the articles that I found struck me as fairly interesting, and sheds some light on if there is a method to the madness behind dating sites. This New York Times article, written by John Tierney, and published on January 28, 2009 (I realize this is slightly outdated, but after what I've read I think what it has to say is still true), talks about the "science" behind online dating. For someone who is incredibly skeptical and doubted the legitimacy of such sites, this proved to be a great jumping off point. So if your interested, take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment