Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life Happens...

Last night, I remembered this great saying that I think we should all think about at some point...
"Life Happens while you are busy making other plans."
There are many ways to look at this when it comes to your romantic life. First of all, if you are exhausting yourself looking for Mr. Right (or Mrs. Right) maybe its time to focus on other things and put that part of your life aside. According to this quote, Mr. Right will find his way into your life when you least expect it. Who knows! you could be in line to buy your dog a new leash and some guy asks you what kind of dog you have and then things could develop...although that is a little idealized, I wanted to make the point that life happens when you are not thinking about it. From my last post, you might all know that Im kinda obsessed with The Bachelor on ABC. This is relevant because all 25 women obsess over ONE thing...love. They fit themselves to this weird, forced situation to fall in love and focus all of there energy on winning. While this is the name of the game, I would like to hope that people do the exact OPPOSITE of this show in the daily lives. Yes, I know we have crushes on the perfect guy! I maintain that with the quote above and the reference to the pathetic puppy love on The Bachelor, that you could focus your energy on work and yourself and you other relationships in order to subliminally get the attention of your crush. Once he or she sees how off guard you are, they might notice you even more!

I am a big believer in things working out the way they are supposed to. This is why "making other plans" is so important in building romantic relationships. From first hand experience, I tied myself down to the relationship I was in and stopped making other plans. Recently, I do no have the luxury to constantly be around my boyfriend so I have been focused on my other plans. I had no idea that he would notice how much I was independent and alive from all my other activities...its like falling in love all over again. I also believe that if you make other plans, you will be less hurt if things dont work out. Not only if your crush doesnt return your same feelings, you have other plans BUT for me, if my boyfriend is busy and cant hang out then I dont feel as lonely or left-out because I have other plans to make! All I can say is MAKE PLANS for yourself and keep busy to keep the romance alive. Life will fall into place because you have lots going on that will not only distract you, but leave you more open to new people to make romantic connections with. Until next time, keep posted! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment