Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sticking With Tradition

I have to make a reference to How I Met Your Mother in this post because Lily and Marshall are probably the best example of a good functioning relationship that I can think of. While they do not do everything by the book, they have some good rules to live by when it comes to making your relationship last a looong time! My example from this show for today is the episode where Marshall and Lily decide to break their tradition of picking each other up from the airport and either "maturing" with their relationship or sticking with their cheesy traditions. What is better? Developing and Maturing into a more "grown-up couple" or keeping the traditions of your early relationship? In my opinion, it is up to your own discretion and see the direction of how your relationship is developing. In the HIMYM episode, Lily and Marshall realize that their ritual of calling each other at lunch time to say "I love you" and picking each other up at the airport is an important part of who they are and their strong relationship. They realized that they could mature in other ways, but keep their traditions going in order to stay a strong couple. I do this in my own life by always calling my boyfriend or vice versa to say goodnight and not be mad at each other before we sleep. It is good to keep TRADITIONS!!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment