Monday, February 7, 2011

Un-Romantic Relationships

As I mentioned before, I think its a bit of chicle to talk about valentines day in a "romantic relationship" blog. The topic seems to obvious (although I love the actually holiday, even if you argue Hallmark invented it). But Valentine's Day doesn't have to be just for your significant other. As I kid my parents would get my sister and I our our boxes of rare chocolates (the good type!) on top of gifts they bought for each other. I don't mean you have to fill out those little cards for every single one of your classmates like you did in first grade. I am encouraging you to break the tradition. As an out of state student, and not having done much of anything for it last year, this year I decided to borrow an idea from over summer and am going to have a bouquet of flowers delivered to my parents, a card to my sister and her boyfriend (who's part of the family), and my best friend from high school. Take that, Hallmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment